Team NEO Partners in Economic Development
Economic development is a broad and multifaceted discipline encompassing public and private sectors. Our robust economic development ecosystem proactively supports every kind of business – large and small, established and startup, domestic and international – through investment, incubation, acceleration, education, mentorship and other development initiatives.
Northeast Ohio’s economic development system provides business decision-makers with access to customized solutions that mitigate risk, foster innovation and accelerate growth through a connected and collaborative ecosystem.
By leveraging each partner’s unique capabilities, expertise and networks, the economic development ecosystem consistently provides the resources and environment necessary for sustainable growth throughout the region.
Northeast Ohio’s Economic Development System
- BioEnterprise: BioEnterprise is a business formation, recruitment and acceleration initiative designed to grow healthcare companies and commercialize bioscience technologies.
- The Fund for Our Economic Future: The Fund for Our Economic Future is a philanthropic collaboration dedicated to advancing economic growth & equitable access to opportunity for the people of Northeast Ohio through research, civic engagement, and grantmaking.
- Greater Akron Chamber: The Greater Akron Chamber attracts, retains and creates jobs by promoting the assets of Greater Akron. Its economic development team works directly with companies to increase business investment in the area.
- Greater Cleveland Partnership: The Greater Cleveland Partnership mobilizes private-sector leadership, expertise and resources to create attractive business conditions that create jobs, grow investment and improve the region’s economic prosperity.
- JumpStart: JumpStart Inc. strengthens economic vitality by helping to realize entrepreneurial potential.
- MAGNET (Manufacturing Advocacy & Growth Network): The mission of MAGNET is to support, educate and champion manufacturing in Northeast Ohio with the goal of transforming the region’s economy into a powerful, global player.
- Stark Economic Development Board: The Stark Economic Development Board retains, expands and attracts business investment in Stark County. The Board provides financing through federal and state programs, location and building searches, government relations coordination, economic development incentive packaging and infrastructure planning.
- Team NEO: Team NEO advances Northeast Ohio’s economy by marketing the region’s assets, attracting new businesses, building collaboration among economic development organizations and linking the region to the state and JobsOhio.
- Youngstown/Warren Regional Chamber: The Youngstown/Warren Regional Chamber is the single point of contact for business-related services. It assists companies by providing strategic information, identifying available buildings or land sites and securing state and local incentives.
Moreover, Team NEO collaborates with the region’s 18 county partners to expand and retain existing business and job growth:
- Ashland Area Economic Development, Inc.
- Columbiana County Port Authority
- Erie County Economic Development Corporation
- Geauga Growth Partnership, Inc.
- Greater Akron Chamber
- Greater Cleveland Partnership
- Growth Partnership for Ashtabula County
- Huron County Development Council
- Lake County Ohio Port and Economic Development Authority
- Medina County Economic Development Corporation
- Portage Development Board
- Richland Community Development Group
- Stark Economic Development Board, Inc.
- Tuscarawas Community Improvement Corporation
- Youngstown/Warren Regional Chamber
- Wayne Economic Development Council