Nadine Nocero is the owner and Editor in Chief of Blog – The New Black, a lifestyle blog sharing inspirational, fun and funny stories on fashion, food and travel. By day she is a digital marketer in Rocky River, Ohio, and spends her time working with clients to improve their brand voice online. Nadine is a proud Cleveland boomerang that now calls Gordon Square home with her boyfriend, John Paul, and two Dobermans, Petra and Huckleberry Finn. When she’s not working or spending time on Instagram there is a good chance you’ll find her enjoying Edgewater Beach, shopping at local boutiques, spinning at Harness Cycle or practicing yoga at Inner Bliss. All that activity requires refueling at Cleveland’s best restaurants, and that usually means wings at The Greenhouse Tavern. Her guilty pleasures include buying dozens of lipsticks and eating in bed, her ultimate lazy/gross luxury. When she first moved back to NEO she went on a pizza eating tour – and says, Geraci’s still wins, always.
My top 10 favorites about NEO:
- Edgewater Park – great running, beautiful views, and Edgewater Live offers an amazing happy hour experience that is so ‘island life’ vibe.
- Cuyahoga Valley National Park – another great gem just a few minutes from the city – an amazing beautiful retreat in nature when you need an escape to just breathe.
- The food scene – Food Network stars galore – need I say more?? (That rhymed, BOOM!) But seriously, the food scene here is unreal – it rivals NYC any day of the week. The chefs inspire, the service is phenomenal and the vibe is always down to earth.
- The Creative Class – NEO is a region of doers, makers, movers and shakers. Now is an inspiring time to live here – especially as a blogger, I’m always meeting new cool people and finding amazing products and services all over!
- The start-ups – we’ve covered the mover and shaker part – but really, Cleveland is going through a renaissance and just as the city is reinventing itself, people are feeling entrepreneurial and so many amazing things are coming out of it that are changing not only our city but the world.
- Believe in CLE – yoga at The Rock Hall, yoga on the Cavs Court, yoga at the Art Museum… yoga yoga yoga. I love it.
- Speaking of, The Cleveland Art Museum – you want to feel beauty, to be inspired? This is where to do it – the atrium is literally one of the most heavenly architectural structures I’ve ever experienced.
- The people – I know it’s a cheesy answer, but people here really want to help others, and EVERYONE knows everyone else. It’s kind of hilarious, but great.
- Beachwood Place – I can’t believe I’m including a mall on my list – but I swear it’s because of this place that I’m as into fashion as I am… I still love a visit for a good retail therapy session.
- The fact that the New York Times even agrees that my neighborhood is worthy as any of a vacation destination. Thanks for the validation guys 😉