Adam Rosen is the third generation born in Akron City Hospital and his family has lived in the region for more than 100 years. Adam had the pleasure of growing up less than 2 miles from each set of grandparents in Akron and lived there until attending college at The Ohio State University. After graduating in 2008, Adam worked in the Ohio Legislature for 2 years before moving back to Northeast Ohio. Raised by several lawyers in the his family, Adam took the just and noble path and went to law school, graduating from Cleveland-Marshall College of Law in 2013. He is now the Economic Development Director for Cleveland’s Detroit Shoreway Neighborhood.
Adam is devoted to the community and wants to play a role in the revitalization of the Northeast Ohio. He serves on the boards of the Cleveland Young Professional Senate and the Northeast Ohio Chapter of the American Constitution Society and the steering committee of the Urban Land Institute of Cleveland’s Young Leaders Group. He also mentors students at Cleveland-Marshall and participates in the 3Rs program at Cleveland Public Schools. Adam and his girlfriend maintain a community garden plot in downtown Cleveland and enjoy supporting local businesses together.
When he’s not giving back to the community, you can likely find Adam doing one of three things: 1. watching sports, 2. training for triathlons and 3. cooking/eating vegan food. Adam operates a vegan tailgate blog called HoldThePigskin.com and tailgates each and every Browns home game. In addition to writing recipes on his blog, Adam has blogged for Fresh Fork Market and Field Roast Grain Meat Company. His dream one day is to open a vegan soul food restaurant.
Adam attends many Browns, Cavs, Indians and Ohio State sporting events and has been to all 4 Ohio State national championship games since 2002. Still waiting on that Cleveland championship after heartbreaking losses throughout his life. However, any time he complains his dad reminds him that he’s suffered much longer. Speaking of Championships, Adam is the only 4-time champion of his fantasy football league with the friends from Akron.
Adam trains with a local triathlon coach and is a member of the Cleveland Triathlon Club and Lake Erie Masters Swimming. He has a full triathlon race schedule in the summer and enjoys the competition and being outside. He often rides his bike to work and takes full advantages of the park systems and our Great Lake for recreation.
Most importantly, Adam has an awesome fiancé and they love spending time and cooking together. She runs a nonprofit called Drink Local Drink Tap that inspires individuals to recognize and solve our water issues through creative education, events, and providing safe water access to people in need. Adam supports her endeavors in any way he can!
You can connect with Adam on twitter and Instagram: @osuadamr or @holdthepigskin
Adam’s 10 Favorite Things in NEO
- Parks: Cuyahoga Valley National Park, Cleveland Metro Parks, Summit Metro Parks, Lake Metro Parks, Ohio State Parks and more
- Our Great Lake Erie
- Young Professional Community
- Professional Sports: Browns, Pro Football Hall of Fame, Cavs, Charge, Indians, Rubber Ducks, Captains, Scrappers and more
- Farmers Markets: NEO is home to more than 75 of them
- Vegan Restaurants: Flaming Ice Cube (Boardman and Cleveland), Pure and Supreme (Cleveland), Ms. Julie’s Kitchen (Akron), Beet Jar (Cleveland), Daily Press (Cleveland), Ely’s To Go (Boardman), Cleveland Vegan (Lakewood), Vegan Sweet Tooth (Woodmere) and more
- Beer: Black Box (Westlake), Black Squirrel (Kent), BottleHouse (Cleveland Heights), Buckeye Beer Engine (Lakewood), Butcher and the Brewer (Cleveland), Cellar Rats (Madison), Chardon Brew Works (Chardon), Cornerstone (Berea), Fat Heads (Middleburg Heights and North Olmstead), Franklin (Elyria), Great Lakes (Cleveland), Hoppin’ Frog (Akron), Indigo Imp (Cleveland), JAFB (Wooster), Kelley’s Island Brewery (Kelley’s Island), Lager Head’s (Medina), Little Mountain (Mentor), MadCap (Stow), Main Street (Garrettsville), Market Garden (Cleveland), Meniru (Canton), Millersburg Brewing (Millersburg), Nano Brew (Cleveland), NautiVine (Green), Platform (Cleveland), Portside (Cleveland), Put-In-Bay Brewing (Put-In-Bay), Rocky River Brewing (Rocky River), Rust Belt (Youngstown), Spider Monkey (North Canton), Brew Mentor (Mentor), Thirsty Dog (Akron), Trailhead (Akron) and more!
- LeBron James (Just a kid from Akron)
- My Family!