Workforce and Education in Cleveland Plus
The Cleveland Plus region offers easy access to a diverse, dedicated and talented labor force of more than two million workers. People who have training and experience in wide-ranging disciplines such as biomedical devices, photovoltaics, polymers and mechanical engineering.
So whether your business requires scientists, customer service specialists, or machinists, the Cleveland Plus region can provide skilled labor at competitive wages that will help your business succeed.
Higher Education and Workforce Development
The Cleveland Plus region has 25+ accredited colleges and universities, 52 two-year training assets and 68 non-degree (certificates/diplomas) training centers.
Ohio’s colleges and universities are focusing their unique strengths to spur innovation and keep fast-growing companies and talent in Ohio. The Cleveland Plus region features the following:
- 52,000 post-secondary degrees and certificates awarded annually (Source: EMSI 2017)
- $4 billion annual college expenditures
- More than 292,000 enrolled college students (Source: IPEDS 2017)
- 26 four-year colleges and universities in the region and 52 two-year colleges (Source: IPEDS 2017)
- 266 four-year colleges and 261 two-year colleges within 200 miles of the region (Source: IPEDS 2017)