Cleveland Plus Talent Attraction Efforts
Helping corporations, institutions and organizations attract talent to Cleveland Plus is a very important part of improving the region’s economy. Employers need to be able to attract and retain talent in order to thrive. While there is still much work to be done, we’re proud of the progress we’ve made since the launch of our regional marketing campaign in 2007. We now offer a variety of communication vehicles that serve as great tools to aid in a company’s talent retention efforts.
Each resource is designed to provide a constant stream of positive news and information that companies can share with their potential employees. If an employee is aware of all the great things happening throughout our region, they will be more likely to stay and get involved in the Cleveland Plus community. Specifically, some of the resources we offer are:
- Our Recruiter+ e-newsletter, launched in 2014, is distributed bi-monthly to local HR executives and recruiters. It offers informative tools and information that HR professionals can use when recruiting talent to their organizations.
- New LinkedIn group focused on talent recruitment. This group provides a place for recruiters, regional professionals and job seekers to find out more about Cleveland Plus and make meaningful connections.
- Our new talent recruitment mobile app (currently in development) is for companies to use to help attract talent to the region. The app will enable users to take a self-guided tour of Cleveland Plus and will be customizable for each company’s use. You can view a demo of the app here.
- Following us on social media provides an easy way for employees to engage with us and learn about news and information for living and working in the region.
- Our guest blog is another great resource as it showcases the best that Cleveland Plus has to offer. Click here to learn about the many benefits of living, working and playing in the area.
To learn more about how we can assist with talent attraction and retention needs, we invite you to explore our website here.
Aside from the many resources we offer, there are also many other organizations in the region that are working toward the same goal. Young professional groups like Engage! Cleveland, allow employers to partner with them to help businesses better understand how to grow and retain its young professional talent. The organization recognizes that the majority of young people pick a place to live before finding a job. That’s why they are working to put the city of Cleveland at the top of the list of great places to work, live and play for young pros.
A different kind of resource is Summer on the Cuyahoga (SOTC), which is a unique summer internship program designed to help students explore the professional, civic and social offerings of the Cleveland region. In the past twelve years, SOTC has recruited over 200 summer employers offering paid internships and secured 670 students for internships, 75 percent of who are not from the region.
Lastly, OhioMeansJobs is a government organization serving both job seekers and employers. For employers, OMJ is a gateway to finding high-quality candidates for their organizations. The website allows companies to post jobs, search millions of resumes, and manage their recruiting process all for free. For job-seekers, the organization is a gateway to finding job opportunities with multiple Ohio employers and from many national job boards. Users can explore potential new careers and post their resumes for all employers to see, again at no cost.