Headquarters and Professional Services in Cleveland Plus
The Cleveland Plus region has the second-heaviest concentration of headquarters employment among the 20 largest metros in the U.S., with 68% more than the U.S. average. Proportionately, the region outpaces much larger markets, including Chicago, Atlanta and New York.
Professional Services and Headquarters Employment on the Rise in Northeast Ohio
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. and J.M. Smucker Co. are among the dozens of corporations that have invested in their headquarters here in recent years.
- Northeast Ohio professional services and headquarters employment has grown steadily, from 162,000 workers in 2001 to nearly 187,000 in 2017, representing 15% growth.
- Professional services and headquarters employment is also projected to grow another 8,000 jobs in the next decade.
World-Class Professional Services
These headquarters locations are supported by a world-class professional services cluster of leading financial, legal and insurance firms. Successful businesses need the support of top-tier professional services, such as accounting, legal and marketing. You’ll find that skilled talent and more in Cleveland Plus, home to one of the world’s largest financial sectors and one of the nation’s largest legal communities:
- Seven of the region’s law firms employing 100 or more attorneys – such as Jones Day and Squire Patton Boggs – have five or more offices across the globe.
- Cleveland Plus is home to major banks such as KeyCorp (Cleveland) and is the headquarters of the Fourth Federal Reserve District, one of twelve regional Reserve Banks in the Federal Reserve System.
|Download Quarterly Economic Review|