Polymers + Materials
Northeast Ohio is a worldwide leader in plastics manufacturing, innovation and commercialization. In fact, Ohio is #1 in the nation for employment and GDP in plastics and rubber product manufacturing. Plus, our region is the proud home to a wide variety of markets and end-user applications in the chemistry industry, producing products that include gases, paints and pigments, industrial chemicals, soaps and cleaners, rubber products, clay and concrete products, and adhesives and sealants.
Not only that, but industry leaders such as the Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company, PolyOne, Sherwin-Williams and RPM International are just a few of the recognizable names that call this region home. And, our world-class research institutions, such as The University of Akron’s College of Polymer Science and Polymer Engineering, and Case Western Reserve University’s Department of Macromolecular Science and Engineering, give access to the most cutting-edge technologies and research and development, as well as a vast workforce and unlimited growth and development opportunities.
- The University of Akron’s College of Polymer Science and Polymer Engineering
- The Center for Advanced Liquid Crystalline Optical Materials
- Case Western Reserve University School of Engineering Macromolecular Institute
- Liquid Crystal Institute at Kent State University
- The Ohio BioProducts Innovation Center