The holiday season is upon us once again, which means it’s time for holiday parties, family gatherings and gift giving (and receiving). While finding that perfect holiday gift can often cause more stress than necessary, below we have highlighted some fun gift ideas, all courtesy of Northeast Ohio.
Regional Swag & Attire:
If you’re looking for a gift that exudes hometown pride, you have several great options in Northeast Ohio.
- CLE Clothing Co. – The Cleveland Clothing Co. is all about showing “Ohio Love” as the apparel company offers a variety of specialty t-shirts, hoodies, accessories and collectables that promote our great state and its major cities. CLE Clothing has two locations – one in Downtown Cleveland on the corner of East 4th Street and Euclid and the other in the new Uptown District in University Circle. They also boast a robust online store that ships across the globe.
- GV Art + Design – If you’re buying for an avid sports fan, GV Art + Design should be at the top of your must-visit list. In addition to original artwork, GV Art + Design offers everything from print and web design, to photography, to apparel. While GV Art + Design is known for its quality products, it is renowned for its unique Etch-a-Sketch drawings. Each piece is an original work of art that takes 70-80 hours to create. Featured drawings include everything from sports teams, to celebrities to city skylines.
- Fresh Brewed Tees – Fresh Brewed Tees is yet another unique Ohio-themed apparel company that offers “fresh” designs that you won’t find at other retailers. If you’re buying for a Cavs fan, Fresh Brewed Tees offers a “JR Smith Tattoo Shirtless Shirt,” a fan favorite for anyone who wants to relive the epic parade and championship celebration.
Holiday Cheer – Beer & Wine in NEO:
With first-class vineyards and microbreweries located across Northeast Ohio, you don’t have to look far to find that perfect gift.
- Gervasi Vineyard – Located in Canton, Gervasi Vineyard offers an array of great gift ideas for any wine enthusiast. From wine classes, to culinary classes, to pairing tours, or simply a bottle of the finest ice wine, Gervasi makes your holiday shopping easy with its online store. If you have the time, though, we highly recommend you visit Gervasi in-person as it offers a true winery experience, featuring dining, shopping, Tuscan-inspired villas and more.
- Hoppin’ Frog Brewery – Rated one of the world’s best brewers, Hoppin’ Frog Brewery in Akron is known for its flavorful brews and unique atmosphere. The Brewery is known throughout the region for its Tasting Room, or what it calls “an every-week beer festival.” Through its online store, you can purchase gift cards to the Tasting Room as well as an assortment of Hoppin’ Frog themed glassware, clothing and accessories.
- Great Lakes Brewing Company – Located in Ohio City, Great Lakes Brewing has been a regional favorite since it opened its doors in 1986. If you’re buying for a craft beer connoisseur, you may want to consider a Brewery Tour. Open to the public, these tours not only lead visitors through Great Lakes Brewing’s production facility, they also take guests on a journey of Cleveland’s history. And, most importantly, each tour provides ample opportunity for sampling.
This and That:
Still looking for ideas? Lucky for you, the list of Northeast Ohio-inspired gift ideas goes on and on – and on.
For the Kids:
- Step2 – Based in Streetsboro, Step2 is the largest American manufacturer of preschool and toddler toys, making everything from play kitchens, to kids’ furniture and more. If you’re looking for something to entertain your little one this holiday season, be sure to check out Step2’s Gift Guide.
- Little Tikes – Founded in 1970, the Hudson-based toymaker has been manufacturing toys that stand the test of time. From riding toys to outdoor playhouses and jungle gyms, Little Tikes is synonymous with fun. If you’re buying for an active tike, be sure to check out the LeBron James Family Foundation Collection, which features indoor and outdoor basketball-inspired products.
For Anyone with a Sweet Tooth:
- Harry London Chocolates – For more than 80 years, Harry London has been making some of the world’s finest chocolate and candies right in North Canton, OH. With a selection of more than 500 of the richest delicacies and treats, Harry London is the ideal gift for practically anyone. As part of the Fannie Mae Fine Chocolate family, visitors can take free factory tours and see first-hand how beloved favorites like peanut butter Buckeyes are made.
- Malley’s Chocolates – With its recognizable CHOC logo, Malley’s Chocolates got its start in 1935 in Lakewood. Boasting 22 locations throughout the region, Malley’s offers everything from chocolates, to popcorn, to brittle and a variety of other sweet treats. With its easy online ordering, Malley’s is perfect for personalized or corporate gifts.
- Root Candles – Founded in 1869, Medina-based Root Candles has been at the forefront of quality craftsmanship since it opened its doors. As a family-owned business, Root Candles prides itself on making the best candles in America. Check out their holiday collection to see their wide assortment of gift options.
- Boogie Board e-Writers – Created by Kent-based Kent Displays, Boogie Board e-writers serve as unique tablet-like devices that are perfect for people of all ages. With a variety of models available, the Boogie Board can be used as an innovative note taking tool, an educational resource and more. In fact, in 2016, the Play n’ Trace model received the Toy of the Year Award from Learning Express.
If you’re still in need of some gift giving ideas, we encourage you to check out the “local shopping” section of our Guest Blog. As we see it, a gift inspired by our great region is sure to help spread some holiday joy this season! Happy Shopping!