Erie County has a diverse business footprint located along the beautiful Lake Erie coastline. Its vast assets include:
- Location and Logistics: Erie County is within a 75 mile radius of a population and market of four million people. I-80 and I-90 pass through Erie County, and, I-75 is only 30 minutes west. Erie County is an hour from two international airports, has abundant mainline rail service, and three ports on the St. Lawrence Seaway.
- Education Resources: Bowling Green State University Firelands Campus and the EHOVE Career Center bridge the gap between education and workforce needs. Both institutions have made significant investments to support workforce readiness in healthcare, aerospace, technology, industry and skilled trades.
- Skilled Labor: Erie County’s manufacturing heritage has created an experienced and skilled workforce that continues to evolve and benefit today’s entrepreneurs and businesses.
- Entrepreneurial Support: RISE, the Regional Incubator for Sustainability and Entrepreneurship, is a comprehensive resource hub that offers assistance to startup, and existing businesses.
- Opportunities and Synergies: Erie County’s major employers include manufacturers such as Ventra Sandusky, Freudenberg NOK, and International Automotive Components; the Firelands Regional Medical Center, a comprehensive healthcare system, which ranks in the top 10 percent nationally for orthopedic services, vascular and spine surgery; and NASA Glenn’s Plum Brook Station, the world’s only full-scale rocket and satellite testing facility.
Erie County is a low cost place to do business, offers a low cost of living at a high level of quality of life, and offers excellent educational opportunities and safe neighborhoods. All this makes Erie County one of the most exceptional areas to live, work and build your business in Ohio and the Midwest.
For more information about Erie County, please click the link below for a detailed profile.
For information on relocating or expanding your business contact: